Please find attached a document from the Lower Qu’Appelle Watershed – Quality and
Quantity Review – outlining their concerns and recommendations for solutions to protect our water. This document is encouraging as it supports our (SAWS) position in protecting our lake, restoring wetlands and providing recommendations for an equitable solution to flooding. Please forward this information on to your residents.
Our work is far from being done. We need to continue our opposition. The Common Ground Drainage Diversion project has been withdrawn, but not cancelled. It will not go away. In order to continue our opposition to this terrible plan, we are asking for donations from our communities up and down the Qu’Appelle Valley, for donations that will cover legal expenses, media expenses, publications costs etc. Here is the work we have done so far.
1. Pipe Ceremony Nov 7, 2017 Treaty Four Governance Centre Fort Qu’Appelle
2. Provincial Petition
3. Federal Petition
4. Letters to Dustin Duncan, Minister of Environment, asking for a Round Table discussion.
5. Written response of water quality concerns to Canadian Environment Assessment Agency.
6. Round Table Discussion project
7. Facebook Page – Calling for a Sustainable Quill Lake Solution
8. Established website: lmlsg.ca/saws
9. Received through the Freedom of Information files the meeting minutes of Dept of Environment, WSA and Qull Lakes Watershed Association.
10.Established a fund raising campaign and “GoFundMe” on-line donation page.
Please make donations by forwarding your cheque payable to Save Last Mtn/Qu’Appelle lakes to the following address: 250 2550-15th Ave Regina SK S4P 1A5. You may also donate on-line. Here is the link: https://www.gofundme.com/savelastmtn-qu-appelle Please note on-line donations incur a 10% service fee.
We ask that everyone donate as much or as little as they can. The money will be used to pay for lawyers, media and publication, and Round Table discussions for long term solutions. We need to ensure the flooding issue is solved now. We cannot be faced with this problem two or three years down the road.
Please help us help you. Thank you.
Saskatchewan Alliance for Water Sustainability