Tax & Utility Notice Email Consent Form
The Town of Regina Beach offers residents the opportunity to receive specific municipal notices as attachments in an e-mail rather than by regular mail.
Transmitting information by e-mail has a number of risks that residents should be aware of. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- E-mail can be circulated, forwarded, and stored in numerous paper and electronic files.
- E-mail can be immediately broadcast worldwide and be received by many intended and unintended recipients.
- E-mail senders can easily misaddress an email.
- E-mail is easier to falsify than handwritten or signed documents.
- Backup copies of e-mail may exist even after the sender or the recipient has deleted their copy.
- E-mail can be intercepted, altered, forwarded, or used without authorization or detection.
- E-mail can be used to introduce viruses into computer systems.
- E-mail can be used as evidence in court.
The Town of Regina Beach will use reasonable means to protect the security and confidentiality of e-mail information sent and received. However, because of the risks outlined above, the municipality cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of
e-mail communication, and will not be liable for improper disclosure of confidential information. For this reason, the customer must consent to the use of e-mail for delivery of municipal notices.
Consent to the use of e-mail for the delivery of municipal notices includes agreement with the following:
- Failure to receive an e-mailed municipal notice does not release me from my responsibility to pay any charges specified on the notice, or any penalties which may be incurred by late payment.
- I will inform the Town of Regina Beach of any change in my e-mail address as soon as possible, to prevent the misdirection of notices and reduce the risk of my not receiving a notice.
- I may withdraw from e-mail delivery at any time. To do so I will inform the Town of Regina Beach in writing, and all notices which were previously e-mailed to me will be sent by regular mail going forward.
CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND CONSENT